Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Installing XML Tools Plugin to Notepad ++

         I am great fan of Notepad ++ for all text editing needs from plan text file to xml files. Notepad++ has very robust plugin framework and many useful plugins already developed. I wanted to install XML Tool plugin to NPP , I thought it would be as straight forward as any other plugin installations. But I have straggled lot while installing XML Tool plugin , at the end I have succeed Smile

Here I am putting my endeavor

  1. Download Notepad ++ from here and install it.
  2. Download XML Tools plugin from here and unzip it <Install_Home>/plugin folder.
    • Please note that external libs are required. It has been documented that I can be loaded the 'Notepad++ Plugins' project page. Here the problem starts, I didn’t find any such link where I can download external libs.
  3. Go to Plugins >> Plugin Manager >> Show Plugin Manager, select “Installed” tab and select “XML Tools” and click on reinstall.

2011-01-26_2248

Now you are get set to use XML Tools plugin.

3 comments:

  1. It was very helpful! Months we have wondered why the plugin stopped working after the Notepad++ update. Thanks for the informative blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. notepad ++ plugins line. http://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/files/XML%20Tools/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I was struggling for on hour how to set up XML Tools. This tutorial was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete