Saturday, January 29, 2011

Make an executable searchable in Windows 7

I am very impressed with Windows 7 start search window. Its an one stop place to find all executable file on few key strokes.
2011-01-29_2245.png

I used to use Launchy application on Windows XP platform to get same kind of functionality.
Now my requirements have raised , being human being Smile, I want to make an executable appear in windows start search. I have found out how to get it done, just follow these steps
  1. Create shortcut of the executable file
  2. Copy it to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
I have done the steps for Console, it comes to you as zip file and you just need to open .exe file. I have copied the .exe file in above mentioned “Start Menu” folder and result is here, I got Console in start search
2011-01-29_2257

No comments:

Post a Comment